This is a great light and fresh salad which is perfect for lunch, a light dinner or even a starter. This avocado and prawn salad combines succulent prawns, creamy avocado with a spiced seafood dressing.
For the salad
- 100g cooked prawns, tail on
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced into ribbons with a speed peeler
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 yellow or orange pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4–5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, skin removed and sliced into pieces lengthways
- a large handful of green salad leaves – chopped romaine or gem, or a mixture of baby spinach and rocket works well
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp lime juice
- few drops of tabasco sauce
- Mix together the dressing ingredients – adding a little tabasco at a time until you have the amount of heat you like. Grind in some black pepper.
- Prepare the salad ingredients as directed and mix everything together in a bowl and season.
- Spoon the dressing over the top and then toss everything together and serve
While I prefer to use tail on prawns as they look great, you can use tail free ones instead
If you use frozen prawns, make sure they are defrosted thoroughly before use
You can leave out the tabasco sauce if you aren’t a fan
You can serve this with some crusty bread or some croutons tossed in if you want some extra carbs with the meal
If you have half an avocado left after making this, keep the half with the stone in, drizzle a little of the lime juice over the exposed flesh and then wrap tightly in clingfilm to stop it browning.
You can add some extra microgreens or cress to the salad to make it look extra special (as pictured)
- Prep Time: 10 mintes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: salad, healthy, prawn, avocado, seafood, lunch, starter, appetiser,