I would say that this sandwich is inspired by a local restaurant, but to be honest it’s not ‘inspired’ by. Rather, it’s 100% a copycat recipe. Although I use standard pork bacon rather than turkey bacon. I am addicted to this sandwich and replicating it at home is something I’ve been plotting for a while. Gallus Chicken, here is my homage to your creation. The Best Chicken Club Sandwich! According to Uber Eats, this is also one of the top 6 most ordered sandwiches in Dubai. There’s got to be a reason for that!
What are the ingredients in the Best Chicken Club Sandwich?
This chicken club sandwich contains crispy bacon, tender chicken breast, hard boiled egg, sliced tomato, mayo and fresh lettuce. It’s super yum and all the flavours go well so well together.
It’s perfect for a lunchtime when you have a busy afternoon ahead – owing to the solid mixture of carbs, protein and yumminess. You will not be going hungry!
Is this sandwich healthy?
I can’t say that this is one of my healthiest recipes to be honest. But I did make it a little less sinful by using light mayo and margarine instead of butter. You could also replace the streaky bacon with a lower fat slice and also trim the fat.
There are 600 calories in this sandwich so it’s not the lightest lunch option, but it’s far from terrible. It also has quite a few carbs (it is a sandwich after all). There are 3 slices of bread so it’s got a little more of a carb hit than a typical sandwich.
Products that work well for this recipe
Wusthof Nine Piece Knife Block Set
Beeswax Food Wraps
GoEat Salad Box
The BEST Chicken Club Sandwich. Chicken breast with juicy tomato, lettuce and mayo stacked with smokey bacon and egg.
- 1 medium egg
- 50g cooked chicken breast – around half a medium breast
- 1 tomato, cut into medium slices (around 50 g)
- 3 large slices white bread
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayo
- small handful mixed lettuce
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan or skillet over a medium high heat and add the bacon once hot. You won’t need to add extra fat if you are using streaky bacon as it will cook in the juices it releases. Cook the bacon for 5-7 minutes or until it’s cooked to your liking. Place on some paper towel to drain the fat and set aside.
- Add the egg to a small saucepan of cold water. Place over a high heat and time for 8 minutes once it reaches the boil. Once cooked remove from the heat and plunge into some ice cold water.
- Slice the chicken very thinly (see note 1) and peel and slice the egg (into around 6 pieces, widthways)
- Toast the bread until golden and then carefully slice off the crusts. Lightly butter one side of each piece.
- Now assemble the sandwich. On top of one piece of bread add a layer of mayo, lettuce, tomato and then chicken. On another layer mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon and the egg followed by the final slice of bread. Place the second ‘sandwich’ on top of the first open one.
- Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!
1. It’s best to try and slice the chicken breast as thin as possible into longer strips than smaller chunks (so they don’t all fall out of the sandwich). Place your hand over the chicken breast and cut it into thin strips horizontally across the length rather than slices downwards. Use a serrated knife and slowly saw it – be very careful!
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 560
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: sandwich, club sandwich, lunch, snack, chicken, bacon, bread