The BEST Chicken Club Sandwich. Chicken breast with juicy tomato, lettuce and mayo stacked with smokey bacon and egg.
- 1 medium egg
- 50g cooked chicken breast – around half a medium breast
- 1 tomato, cut into medium slices (around 50 g)
- 3 large slices white bread
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayo
- small handful mixed lettuce
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan or skillet over a medium high heat and add the bacon once hot. You won’t need to add extra fat if you are using streaky bacon as it will cook in the juices it releases. Cook the bacon for 5-7 minutes or until it’s cooked to your liking. Place on some paper towel to drain the fat and set aside.
- Add the egg to a small saucepan of cold water. Place over a high heat and time for 8 minutes once it reaches the boil. Once cooked remove from the heat and plunge into some ice cold water.
- Slice the chicken very thinly (see note 1) and peel and slice the egg (into around 6 pieces, widthways)
- Toast the bread until golden and then carefully slice off the crusts. Lightly butter one side of each piece.
- Now assemble the sandwich. On top of one piece of bread add a layer of mayo, lettuce, tomato and then chicken. On another layer mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon and the egg followed by the final slice of bread. Place the second ‘sandwich’ on top of the first open one.
- Slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!
1. It’s best to try and slice the chicken breast as thin as possible into longer strips than smaller chunks (so they don’t all fall out of the sandwich). Place your hand over the chicken breast and cut it into thin strips horizontally across the length rather than slices downwards. Use a serrated knife and slowly saw it – be very careful!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 560
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: sandwich, club sandwich, lunch, snack, chicken, bacon, bread