This is a bold and hearty chickpea & chorizo soup. Tomatoey and warm and ready in under 20 minutes, this is the perfect lunch option when you need a little heat!
The default recipe serves 1
- 200g (7oz) chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cups) vegetable stock
- 50g (1.7oz) chorizo sausage, peeled and sliced into 1cm pieces and then halved
- 60g (2oz) tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (around 1/4 standard can)
- 50g (1.7oz) orzo
- 25g (1 cup) shredded kale
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
1. Add the tomatoes and stock into a large pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Once simmering add the chorizo kale, paprika and chickpeas and season well. Cook for 8 minutes (or according to the length of time on the orzo packet).
3. Serve and enjoy!
- For a lighter option, make this without orzo (and avoid a mid-afternoon carb slump)
- You can use cabbage or spinach in the place of the kale if you prefer
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: Soup
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: lunch, soup, chorizo, orzo, pasta, tomato, kale