This cod and chorizo bake is the perfect comforting & simple recipe: Rich, savoury & packed with flavour. Made with tender cod, rich chorizo & hearty veg.
The default recipe serves 4.
- 400g baby/new potatoes, cut into halves or quarters if they are slightly larger (see note 1)
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (see note 2)
- 4 skinless cod fillets – around 125g each (see notes 3,4)
- 120g chorizo, thinly sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80g pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- In a large bowl mix together the potatoes, peppers, olive oil, lemon juice and paprika. Spread the veg over a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Pat dry the cod fillets and season with salt and pepper. Remove the baking tray from the oven and add the chorizo, cherry tomatoes and olives. Nestle the cod fillets into the veg mix and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Scatter the parsley over the top of the bake and serve.
- Cooking times are based on sliced small potatoes. If you use larger ones then check they are nearly tender after the first 20 minutes of cooking. If they are still hard then return them to the oven in 10-minute increments until slightly soft before proceeding with step 3.
- Smoked paprika isn’t generally hot, but if you prefer a milder taste then you can use oregano or cumin instead. You can also add some extra chilli flakes if you want a spicier dish.
- Make sure to use fish fillets that are similar in size to ensure even cooking.
- You can use a different variety of white fish such as Hake, Pollock or Haddock. It also works with salmon. Try to find thick pieces, or reduce the cooking time to ensure they don’t overcook.
- For best results serve fresh from the oven. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the oven or microwave, although the quality of the fish and chorizo will be impacted.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: fish, cod, chorizo, traybake, easy, simple, potatoes, dinner