A light and refreshing courgette salad with fresh basil, garlic and lemon dressing. This is the perfect summer side dish for your next barbeque or alongside grilled chicken, fish or meat!
The default recipe serves 4.
- 1–2 large courgettes (around 4-500g / 14-17oz total) thinly sliced – use a speed peeler or a mandolin.
- 200g / 7oz cherry tomatoes (around 16-20), halved
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 large handful rocket / arugula
For the dressing:
- 60ml, 1/4 cup olive oil (see note 1)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid. Add a little salt and pepper and shake well.
- Prepare the courgette and tomatoes and place them in a bowl with the pine nuts and rocket/arugula.
- Toss the dressing through the salad and serve immediately.
- Make sure to use a really good quality olive oil as it will directly affect the taste of the dressing.
- If you want to prepare things in advance then combine the salad and the dressing separately. Only combine the dressing with the salad when you are ready to serve.
- The dressing will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge whereas the salad will only keep for around a day.
- You can add a pinch or two of chilli flakes for an added kick to the dressing. A handful of sweetcorn or peas also makes a great sweet addition.
- You can substitute the lemon juice with balsamic vinegar or mint for the basil for some great flavoursome alternatives.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: salad, vegetarian, vegan, side, light, healthy, vegetables