This curried chicken salad combines apple, grapes, onion and crunchy walnuts with tender chicken breast, all combined in a mild and creamy curried dressing. Healthy, delicious and satisfying.
The default recipe makes one portion
- 1/2 cooked & shredded chicken breast (around 50 g)
- 70g or 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp sultanas or raisins (10 g)
- 1/2 apple, cored and diced into small pieces (around 50 g)
- 1 small handful of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced (around 45 g)
- 4–5 large red grapes or 8-10 small ones, halved (around 50 g)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts (around 10 g)
1. Prepare all the ingredients as directed above.
2. Mix together the yoghurt and curry powder in a small bowl and season to taste.
3. Mix all the other ingredients together, excluding the lettuce. Stir in the yoghurt curry mixture until everything is coated.
4. Serve with the curried yoghurt mixture spooned over a bed of lettuce.
- Different curry powders can vary in strength so I suggest mixing half first with the yoghurt and tasting before adding the entire amount.
- You can use celery instead of either the apple or red onion if preferred
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: curry, salad, chicken, lunch, healthy, fruit, indian