These easy salmon burgers are super simple to make, incredibly tasty and much healthier than standard beef burgers! With flavours of ginger, coriander and lemon, these are great for a summer BBQ or a midweek lunch or dinner.
The default recipe makes one burger.
For the burgers
- 100g (or 3.5oz) skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 slices red onion
- 3 slices cucumber
- few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 seeded burger bun
For the garlic aioli
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Chop the salmon into large pieces (feel free to use scissors) and add into a blender. Add the chives, lemon juice and ginger and season well.
2. Blitz until you have a mousse-like texture.
3. Using your (clean) hands, form the salmon mixture into a burger patty.
4. Heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat in a non-stick frying pan or skillet. Add the salmon burger and cook for around 3 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 3 minutes. The salmon should sizzle on contact with the pan – but not start smoking.
5. Cook for a further 5 minutes, flipping every couple of minutes until cooked through.
6. Layer the bun with the aioli, then the burger. Then top with cucumber, the red onion and the coriander sprigs before adding the top of the bun.
- The garlic aioli is quite garlicky as it uses a full clove per portion. I recommend adding a little at a time and testing until you have it to your personal taste.
- Replace the bread bun with a lettuce wrap if you want to reduce carbs. And/or replace the mayo with low-fat mayonnaise to reduce fat and calories.
- You can use dill or coriander instead of the chives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Burger
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: burger, salmon, fish, dinner, BBQ, lunch, dinner, aioli,