A delicious fruity and warming slow cooker mango chicken stew. Packed with fresh, Asian flavours and incredibly easy to make.
- 1 small chicken breast (around 120 g), sliced
- 1/2 medium mango (around 100 g), diced
- 1/2 red pepper (around 75 g), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts (around 20 g)
- 1 tsp chopped jalapenos, roughly chopped
- 1 small gherkin (around 15 g), finely chopped
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small handful coriander, roughly chopped
1. Prepare all the ingredients as listed above and add the chicken, mango, pepper, jalapenos, gherkins and cashew nuts to the slow cooker.
Mix together the coconut milk with the lime juice, paprika, turmeric and garlic. Pour over the chicken and season well.
Cook in the slow cook on low 6 hours or high for 3-4. Just before serving stir through the coriander, keeping a couple of pinches side to scatter over the plated dish. Serve with freshly steamed basmati rice – delicious!
- This is a fairly spicy dish. Adjust the amount of jalapenos, paprika and turmeric to taste.
- You may think that the gherkin seems an odd addition to the recipe – trust me, it works! It gives a nice ‘sweet and sour’ element to the dish with the sweetness of the mango. You can omit it if you really aren’t keen on the idea!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3-6 hours
- Category: Curry
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 35g
Keywords: thai, coconut milk, curry, stew, chicken, slow cooker, mango