A creamy and indulgent individual chicken pot pie – perfect for making ahead and freezing. A mustard cream sauce coats vegetables and tender chicken for the perfect cozy dinner.
- 100g puff pastry sheets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 50g onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 120g chicken breast
- 100g carrot, diced
- 40g celery, diced
- 10g flour
- 100ml chicken broth
- 30ml white wine
- 30ml thick cream
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme, plus extra for serving
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F.
- Roll the pastry to around 0.5cm thick. Place the bowls face down on the pastry and cut a circle around each – around 2cm larger than the bowl.
- In a frying pan / skillet over a medium high heat add the olive oil. Cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until browned – around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the flour and stir everything together well to coat. Cook for a further 2 minutes, but don’t let the flour burn.
- Add the broth and white wine to the pan and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking for 7-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream, mustard, thyme and peas. Stir everything together well and season well.
- Spoon the mixture into bowls, top with the pastry and brush with the egg.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 2cm slit into the top of each pie.
- If cooking straight away, place in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of thyme over the top.
- If you are freezing the pie then use foil containers and cover with the pastry and leave to cool. As soon as cooled to room temperature cover with clingfilm and freeze immediately.
- When reheating from frozen, place the pie in the fridge for at least 6 hours before cooking as directed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Pie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pie
- Calories: 650
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 48g
Keywords: pot pie, chicken, puff pastry, dinner, individual pie, mustard