These Greek stuffed chicken breasts bring the real taste of the Mediterranean right into your home. Flavoured with rich salty feta, sweet red pepper and tasty artichokes and olives.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 red pepper (around 35 g)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (around 150 g)
- 10g black olives, thinly sliced (around 1 heaped tbsp)
- 30g artichoke hearts, finely chopped (around 1 heaped tbsp)
- 20g feta cheese, crumbled (around 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 pieces of very thinly sliced tomato
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a frying pan / skillet over a medium heat. Add the pepper and cook for around 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
2. Remove the pepper from the pan and temporarily remove the pan from the heat. Mix the pepper with the feta, artichoke hearts, oregano and olives and combine. Season well (as the feta is already quite salty you probably won’t need much)
3. Carefully slice the chicken breast lengthways and stuff with the feta mix. Place the pan over the heat again and another tsp of olive oil. Fry the chicken for 2 minutes on each side to seal.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan, place on a baking tray and layer the tomato slices on top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- If you don’t want to pan fry the breasts first then they can go straight into the oven – just increase the cooking time to 30 minutes. The pan frying does add an extra few calories with the oil – but seals in more of the juices making it extra tender.
- Feel free to make whatever substitutions you like! The beauty of chicken breasts is that they go with so many things!
- To freeze cooked or uncooked breasts, wrap in clingfilm and place in a freezer proof container or bag. Thaw completely before cooking or reheating.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 38g
Keywords: greek, dinner, chicken, feta, tomato, artichoke, mediterranean