These Greek Stuffed Tomatoes are truly a taste of the Med’. Fresh and zesty vegetables and lemon juice combined with salty feta cheese and quinoa – healthy and delicious!
The default recipe serves one as a generous portion with two tomatoes per portion. If using as a light starter then this could easily serve two!
- 2 large beef tomatoes (around 220 g each)
- 50 g (or 1/3 cup) uncooked quinoa
- 12 pitted small black olives (around 40 g)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) feta
- 1/4 cup (35 g) roughly chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp (around 12 g) capers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon – juice only
- 5–6 large basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Cut the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the middle (it helps to use a sharp knife to carefully cut away the flesh around the edges)
2. Rinse the quinoa a couple of times in cold water and then place in a small saucepan. Cover with double the volume amount of water (1/2 cup if you used 1/4 cup quinoa – CHECK THIS) and bring to the boil on the hob. When boiling reduce the heat to low and leave to cook, uncovered, for around 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
3. Place the olives, artichoke and capers in a bowl and crumble over the feta. Add in the cooked quinoa and then add the lemon juice. Tear the basil leaves in and mix well.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1 (2 stuffed tomatoes)
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: greek, tomatoes, healthy, vegetarian, feta, lunch, starter