This healthy honey & mustard chicken is so creamy and saucy, you won’t believe it’s only 350 calories! It’s also great for batch cooking, so perfect for midweek meal prep.
The default recipe serves one.
- 1 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp low-fat yoghurt (50 g)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 medium chicken breast (around 120 g)
- 1 tsp olive oil, or a few sprays of light cooking spray
- 1 small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
1. Mix together the cornflour and milk in a small bowl until the flour is completely mixed in.
2. Heat a small saucepan or a small frying pan over medium-high heat and add the milk and flour mixture and the stock. Cook for 2 minutes – not letting the mixture go over a light simmer.
3. Add the yoghurt, a spoonful at a time. Whisk each spoonful until it’s fully combined before adding the next. Stir in the mustard and honey, season well and set the sauce aside.
4. If the chicken breast is fairly plump, flatten it out a little by placing between two sheets of clingfilm and then hammer it a little with a rolling pin (see note 1). Heat the oil or cooking spray over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Cook the chicken breast for 3-4 minutes on each side.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken, reduce the heat so it’s lightly simmering and then cook for 10 minutes. Scatter over the parsley and serve
- If you have a really large chicken breast then you can butterfly it to help it cook through. Place the palm of your hand over the chicken breast on a chopping board. Use a serrated knife to cut into the middle of the breast – around 2/3rds of the way through. When adding to the pan pull the breast open and place cut down side into the pan first.
- Adjust the amount of mustard you use to taste. (I quite like to sneak an extra tablespoon in!)
- Feel free to substitute the dijon mustard with wholegrain if you prefer the taste.
- Recreate the look: I used some sorrel cress and some finely chopped garlic chives to spinkle over for extra visual appeal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 34g
Keywords: chicken, dinner, sauce, honey, mustard, healthy