Fresh, creamy and delicious, this healthy kale coleslaw is packed with vibrant red cabbage, red onion and crunchy sunflower seeds. Perfect for a summer BBQ or as a side dish to complement many dishes.
Makes 1 portion of around 1/3 cup
- 1/4 red onion, very finely sliced (around 20 g)
- 1 handful kale, leaves stripped & finely chopped (around 20 g)
- 1 small chunk of red cabbage, very finely sliced (around 25 g)
- 1 tbsp extra low-fat mayo
- 1 tsp dijon
- small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
1. Prepare all the ingredients as directed above. Mix the onion, kale, cabbage and coriander in a bowl with the mayo. Top with the seeds and serve.
- If you aren’t a fan of mustard, or don’t have any to hand, then you can alternatively add some lemon juice to the coleslaw.
- If you have a mandolin then I recommend using this to slice the cabbage and onion. I used a 1.5mm setting.
- You can swap the sunflower seeds for any variety you prefer. Toasting is also optional but it adds good flavour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: coleslaw, kale, cabbage, side dish, healthy, low fat, salad