Beautifully tender duck flavoured with delicious Chinese 5 spice. All wrapped up in a soft tortilla wrap stuffed with crisp green spring onion and cucumber and sweet hoisin sauce. Yum!
1 portion makes around 2 (well stuffed) small wraps…
- 1 small duck leg (around 200 g)
- 1 small cucumber (around 50 g) – cut into matchsticks
- 1 large spring onion (around 20 g) – ends cut off and cut julienne
- 1 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 6 inch tortilla wraps
- 3 leaves romaine/gem lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- Few sprigs of coriander
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
2. Prick the duck legs all over. Rub the duck legs with oil then season well and rub with the 5 spice.
3. Put the duck legs on a rack over a baking tray and cook for 90 mins until cooked through with no pink showing. The skin should be really golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 mins covered with foil.
4. While resting, make the tortillas. Spread a strip of hoisin sauce on each tortilla. Layer over some of cucumber and spring onion and lettuce and a scatter of coriander.
5. Shred the duck using 2 forks and place over the wraps. Place a couple of sprigs of coriander over the duck on each wrap.
1. The calorie count includes 1 small duck leg (around 125g of meat). This will vary significantly depending on the size of the leg you use.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 580
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 41g
Keywords: wrap, sandwich, duck, poultry, hoisin, chinese, lunch, snack