*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here. While we may use affiliate links, we would never allow this to influence product listings or recommendations.
There’s just something more fun about coloured drinks, especially in the brighter summer months. This homemade pink lemonade is super refreshing and tasty. Perfect for BBQs on hot days, picnics in the park or just grabbing a few tranquil moments in the garden.
What is pink lemonade made from?
This recipe is made from fresh lemon combined with raspberries and some sugar to sweeten.
You can make different variations – with anything that will add some ‘red’ colour to the lemonade. You could use fresh strawberries (if that sounds good to you, then also check out this strawberry cordial recipe). Alternatively, you could use ready-made cranberry juice. If you use juice then you use it in place of the water in the recipe below.
Is it made as a concentrate?
This recipe is made as a concentrate. I find a ratio of 1:3 works well (ie 100ml lemonade and 100ml water). You can use either ice cold water or some soda or sparkling water.
How long can you keep it in the fridge?
The concentrate made from the below recipe will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge – providing you have used fresh raspberries when you made it. You can also keep it once mixed for the same period – but if you use sparkling water than it will go flat so I don’t recommend it!
You may find that the bottom of the juice gets cloudy after you have stored it for a day or more. Simply stir or shake it to remix everything.
Is it good for you?
This recipe is certainly much, much healthier than pre-bought soft drinks as it contains all-natural, fresh ingredients. It does contain a tablespoon of sugar to offset the bitterness from the lemon, which does contribute most of the calories (it has around 65 calories per serving). You can make this with granulated sweetener instead of sugar if you prefer.
What does it taste like?
This is quite strong in terms of the lemon flavour. If you prefer something a little milder then reduce the amount by up to half, depending on your personal taste.
Products that work great for this recipe
Reusable Metal Straws
3 Pack Professional Fine Mesh Strainer
Biodegradable Paper Straws – Durable & Eco-Friendly
This homemade pink lemonade is perfect for hot summer weather. Refreshing, tasty and made from all-natural ingredients. It’s also super colourful!
The default recipe makes one portion.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into disks
- 25g (or 1/4 cup) fresh raspberries
- 200ml (or 1/2 cup) water
1. Add all ingredients into a small pan and bring to the boil.
2. Simmer for 3 minutes and then remove from the heat.
3. Cool and then strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to push down on the pulp to get all the fruity juices out!
4. Serve in around a 1:3 ratio with iced water or sparkling water or soda.
- Amend the amount of lemon and sugar you use to taste. The default recipe is quite strong in terms of lemon, so you may want to reduce it slightly
- Feel free to use granulated sweetener instead of sugar – this will reduce the calories significantly
- The mixture will store in the fridge for up to 5 days, providing you use fresh raspberries. If you are using soda or sparkling water then try and make the lemonade up to serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 65
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: drink, lemonade, lemon, raspberries, fruit, mocktail