A super fresh homemade strawberry cordial, made with fresh fruit. Serve with cold or hot water for the ultimate fruity & refreshing drink!
- 300g strawberries
- 150g sugar
- 1 lemon – juice only
- 200ml water
1. Slice the top off the strawberries and slice into quarters. Place in a large pan with the water, lemon juice and sugar and bring to the boil.
2. When the water reaches a boil remove the pan from the heat and cover. Leave for at least one hour.
3. Use a potato masher to mash the strawberries into a pulp.
4. Strain the strawberries through a fine mesh sieve. Press the pulp to release all the juices and flavour.
5. Store in a sterilized and sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days. See note 3. To serve, mix 3 tbsp of the cordial with 200ml of water.
- Use around 3 tbsp of cordial per 200ml of water
- This is totally delicious as a cold or a hot drink!
- To sterilise a glass jar, wash and then place in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes (including the lid). Carefully remove and then air dry.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 (3 tbsp)
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 0g