This Hunter’s Chicken is pub grub at it’s best – simple, easy and oozing with smoky BBQ sauce and cheese. Great for lazy weekends or a quick pick-me-up.
The default recipe serves one.
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 15g / 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Wrap the chicken in the bacon and place on a baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes. At the end of the cooking time you can place it under the grill/broiler for an additional few minutes to make the bacon super crispy if you prefer (totally optional)
- Smother the BBQ sauce over the chicken and then top with the cheese. Place back in the oven for around 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- You can use back bacon if you prefer, use one piece for every 2 pieces of streaky bacon and grease the baking tray slightly before placing the chicken in the oven as the lower fat content makes it more prone to sticking.
- You can swap the cheddar cheese for any variety you prefer – as long as it grates well and melts. Mozzarella, Monterey Jack or Red Leicestershire are good options.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: british, chicken, comfort food, dinner, cheese, easy, simple