Spongy, sweet, delicious & customisable. Yet you’ll never believe how simple and easy these individual yogurt cakes are to make – you can have it in the oven within minutes!
- 1 25ml shot glass / jigger of any flavour yogurt (see note 1&2)
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 shot glass vegetable oil (see note 3)
- 3/4 shot glass sugar
- 1 1/2 shot glasses plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate chips, fruit or cocoa powder to flavour (see note 4)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
3. Grease a muffin tin (6 hole) and pour the batter in (see note 5). Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Use a skewer to test if ready (insert into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then it’s ready)
- I think in the US most standard measures are 1 oz (29ml). Obviously, this is going to make very little difference but please note that the calorie information is based on using a 25ml measure (0.85 oz)
- You really can use any flavour yogurt you want – so get creative! You can also just use plain yogurt if you are going to add fruits or chocolate to the batter to flavour it.
- It might seem like a lot of oil for a cake – but since you don’t add butter it is needed to keep everything moist.
- You can also use an individual sized cake tin or even a ramekin.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: cake, yogurt, muffin, dessert, afternoon tea, fruit, dessert, snack