This Lemon Chicken Angel Hair Pasta is really fresh and light, flavoured with freshly squeezed lemon and basil. The creamy sauce is made from yoghurt, so it’s a little healthier too!
The default recipe serves one
- 1 small chicken breast (around 120 g)
- 60ml chicken stock (1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp low-fat yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 80g broccoli, cut into small chunks (around 1 cup)
- 85g angel hair pasta
- 5–6 basil leaves
- 20g freshly grated parmesan
1. In a bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, yoghurt and garlic clove until the yoghurt isn’t lumpy. Place the chicken in a baking dish and cover with the sauce – making sure it’s fully covered. Place the lemon slices on the top and leave for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oven to 180 c / 350 f. Place the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes. If the chicken breast is particularly large it may need a little longer. Once the chicken is done remove from the oven and leave to rest for 4-5 minutes. Don’t discard the sauce as you’ll add it to the pasta later.
3. After resting remove the chicken from the baking tray with some tongs and slice thinly on a chopping board.
4. Bring a large pan of heavily salted water to a rolling boil and add a few of drops of olive oil to the water. Add the broccoli to the water and cook until the water reaches a full boil again (which should take around a minute).
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water and twirl around the edge of the pan until the pasta is fully submerged in the water. Cook for 1 minute less than the packet instructions.
6. Drain the water from the pasta and broccoli and add the chicken and all the sauce from the baking tray into the pan. Tear in the basil leaves and stir together well. Top with the parmesan.
Angel hair pasta cooks REALLY quickly. Make sure you are fully prepped for steps 5 & 6 and perform them quickly. The pasta should only be in the pan for a further minute or so after boiling.
If you’ve chopped the broccoli small enough then this results in crunchy al-dente veg. If you prefer your broccoli to be softer in texture then add this to the boiling water for an extra 1-2 minutes before adding the pasta.
Heating the water to a rolling boil will help stop it sticking together as it keeps it moving in the pan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Hob / Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 600
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Protein: 57g
Keywords: italian, dinner, pasta, capellini, angel hair pasta, lemon, yogurt, parmesan, chicken, healthy