This Mango Mule is a sweet summery twist on the classic Moscow Mule. Infused with the tropical taste of mango, warming ginger beer and zingy lime.
The default recipe makes one cocktail.
- 80g / 3oz fresh mango flesh (excluding skin and stone) (see note 1)
- 15ml / 2 tbsp lime juice
- 50ml / 1.7fl oz vodka (see note 2)
- 150ml / 5fl oz ginger beer (see note 3)
- mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Place the mango, lime juice and vodka in a blender or food processor and blitz until you have a smooth and even liquid.
- Tip the mango mixture into a glass half filled with ice (a copper mug is ideal, but not compulsory) and then add the vodka and ginger beer. Stir everything together to mix.
- Crown the glass with more ice to fill.
- While using fresh mango adds a real juicy and fresh flavour to the drink, you can substitute for mango juice, although you may need to use more of it to get a similar flavour (therefore diluting the cocktail a little). Mango syrup also works, but is a lot sweeter which will affect the final result.
- In England and Wales, a standard shot is 25ml, therefore this cocktail calls for a double shot. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, a standard shot is 35ml. In the US a standard pour is 1.5 fl oz which is equivalent to 45ml. Adjust as you prefer.
- Make sure to use ginger beer rather than ginger ale, as it is stronger and more firey and therefore has a significant effect on the flavour of the cocktail
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Drink
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: drink, cocktail, alcoholic, fruit, mango, vodka