A fresh, tasty and simple Mediterranean baked cod dish. Roasted in the oven with a medley of tasty vegetables and potatoes.
- 1 medium cod fillet (around 125g)
- 1 tbsp capers (around 15 g)
- 1/2 lemon – juice + a couple of slices
- 2 medium vine tomatoes, halved across the middle
- 1 medium potato (around 150 g)
- 35g artichoke hearts
- 8 Black olives (around 25 g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3–4 basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Mix lemon, garlic, oil & oregano together.
2. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and place on a baking tray. Season well & drizzle over half the olive oil mixture and place the lemon pieces around them. Place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes add the tomatoes, capers, artichoke and olives and rest of oil – roast for further 10 mins.
4. Add the cod and season and roast for a final 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and tear the basil leaves over the top. Serve & enjoy!
- You could use baby new potatoes instead – simply cut them into halves
- You could also use 6-8 cherry tomatoes in place of the vine tomatoes if you prefer
- Category: Fish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: cod, fish, tray bake, oven, roasted, baked, dinner, seafood, potatoes, artichoke, tomatoes, olives, lemon