Easy, delicious and a recipe you can make when you are short on fresh ingredients. This simple egg curry is packed with flavour and spices, and highly versatile too!
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced (around 70 g)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- few sprigs coriander, chopped
- 200g / 7oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 50g / 20oz frozen green beans
1. Place 2 eggs in a pan of cold water and place over high heat. When the water starts to boil set a timer for 5 minutes and when finished plunge the eggs into a bowl of iced water.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and cumin and cook for a further minute, stirring frequently to stop it catching in the pan.
3. Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until you have a smooth paste. Return to the pan
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. While cooking, peel the eggs and cut into halves.
4. Add the eggs to the curry, yolk side up, for the last few minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t have any ginger paste then grate fresh ginger using a grater. Or if use extra garlic and leave it out altogether.
- You can swap the green beans for other vegetables such as aubergine, mange tout or okra.
- Red onions work just as well as brown onions in this recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: simple, egg, curry, indian, tomatoes, easy