A totally decadent breakfast (or brunch) recipe. Combining smoked salmon, tenderstem broccoli and tomatoes into creamy and fluffy egg muffins. Delicious!
1 serving = 2 muffins
- 40g tenderstem broccoli
- 2–3 cherry tomatoes, cut into eigths
- 1/2 spring onion, sliced
- 75ml cooking cream
- 40g goats cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g smoked salmon
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1/4 lemon – juice & zest
- 1 tbsp chopped chives + extra for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. First make the dressing. stir all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil. When boiling furiously carefully drop in the broccoli and then cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes transfer to a bowl of iced water.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream, cheese and eggs and season. Drain the broccoli and chop from the heads down the stems. If the stems are woody towards the bottom then discard that part. Stir in the spring onion, cherry tomatoes and the broccoli to the egg cream mix.
- Grease a 6 hole muffin tray and pour the liquid into the segments. See note 1. Portion the smoked salmon between each muffin segment and push the salmon into the egg mixture.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. The ‘muffins’ should be firm but springy. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving and topping with the crème fraîche dressing. Garnish with chopped chives.
- One yield is equal to 2 muffins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Brunch
- Serving Size: 2 muffins
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Protein: 35g
Keywords: brunch, breakfast, eggs, smoked salmon, creme fraiche, egg muffins, breakfast muffins,