A twist on the classic salad, these Caprese skewers are every bit as fresh and delicious. They are super cute and bite-sized, making them a perfect canape option.
The default recipe makes 4 skewers
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 mini mozzarella balls (ideally ciliegine size or bocconcini)
- Small wooden skewers
Optional (for drizzling)
- Wash the tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Thread a piece of mozzarella followed by a basil leaf, followed by the cherry tomato on each skewer. Mill some freshly ground black pepper over them.
- Serve the skewers with a drizzle of oil, glaze or balsamic based on your preferences.
- Use the freshest ingredients you can and avoid any pieces with imperfections
- If you can buy vine-ripened tomatoes then you will find them more vibrant and also flavoursome
- Calorie count does not include any drizzles/toppings
- Category: Canape
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 23
- Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: caprese, salad, skewer, italian, vegetarian, healthy, basil, mozzarella, tomato