Perfect for little kids, big kids and grownups in denial, these chocolate cornflake cakes are the perfect quick sweet snack to whip up on a lazy afternoon.
The default recipe makes 12 cakes.
- 100g milk or dark chocolate (see note 1)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 40g unsalted butter
- 100g cornflakes
- 12 hole cupcake tin, lined with 12 cupcake cases (see note 2,3,4)
- Add the chocolate, syrup and butter to a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Stir regularly until melted. Alternatively, you can place the ingredients in a microwave-proof bowl and heat for 20-second bursts, stirring the contents well between each blast.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the cornflakes, It will look like there are far too many cornflakes vs the amount of chocolate but it will come together!
- Carefully turn the cornflakes through the chocolate with a spoon until fully coated. Work as quickly as you can to stop the chocolate from starting to set.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases and place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- You can also use cooking chocolate, but if you want a sweeter result you might want to add extra sugar to the chocolate when melting as some varieties have little to no added sugar
- Prepare the tray with the cupcake cases in advance so you can work quickly to spoon the mixture into them when ready.
- You can also simply place cupcake cases on a baking tray, although using a cupcake tray helps them to hold their shape.
- If you don’t have any cupcake cases then you can spoon the mixture into blobs on a baking tray lined with baking/parchment paper.
- The cakes are at their best when eaten within 3-4 days, as they will start to soften. However they can be kept for 1-2 weeks.
- Store the cakes covered in the fridge. Transfer to a sealed container or cover them with clingfilm after cooling.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: cornflakes, kids, children, chocolate, easy, quick, no-bake, dessert, sweet