Italian Salsa Verde – the ultimate ‘green sauce’. Herby, salty and briny. Absolutely beautiful with bread dipped in or smothered on fish or meat….
- 1 large bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers, drained & finely chopped
- 25g gherkin/pickle, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- juice 2 lemons
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- freshly grated zest from 1 lemon
- Prepare all ingredients as per above directions
- In a small bowl, mix everything together well.
- Enjoy with fresh bread or smeared on top of fish or meat. Yum!
- If you aren’t a fan of anchovies then don’t worry! You don’t taste them too much in the recipe, but they add a lovely saltiness
- Category: Sauce
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: salsa verde, salsa, italian, sauce, condiment, appetiser, starter, canape, snack