Delicate prawns encased in a piquant Marie Rose sauce and served up with creamy avocado. Make this prawn sandwich on your favourite bread for a tasty lunch.
The default recipe makes one sandwich.
- 80g cooked and shelled prawns/shrimp
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuce leaves, washed and shredded
- 1 bread roll, or sliced bread of your choice
For the sauce (if you don’t want to make your own sauce you can use 2 tbsp ready-made sauce)
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch paprika (or a dash of tobacco, or both)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Make the sauce by mixing the mayo, ketchup and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the paprika and/or tabasco and black pepper to taste and combine well.
- Toss the prawns into the sauce and mix until they are well coated.
- Slice the bread in hale and then add the sliced lettuce to the bottom layer.
- Spoon the prawns evenly over the lettuce.
- Layer the avocados on top and then add the final layer of bread.
- I recommend using coldwater/North Atlantic prawns (shrimp) for this recipe as they are smaller and make the sandwich easier to assemble.
- Feel free to use frozen prawns – simply defrost for a minimum of 4 hours in the fridge before using.
- If you are only using half the avocado then leave the stone in to help keep it fresh and drizzle some lemon juice over the flesh before wrapping in clingfilm and refrigerating. Alternatively, try these easy avocado huggers.
- You can use guacamole instead of the sliced avocado if you happen to have some in.
- If you don’t want the added ‘kick’ then omit the paprika/tabasco sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: sandwich, prawns, shrimp, seafood, cold, lunch, snack, british,