This vegan quinoa chilli is so delicious that vegans, vegetarians and meat lovers alike will love it! This is also a great recipe for batch cooking!
The default recipe serves one.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 50g (1/3 cup) uncooked quinoa
- 100g (7oz) chopped tomatoes
- 110g (8oz) tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 85ml (1/3 cup) vegetable stock
To serve (optional)
- few sprigs coriander
- 1/4 avocado, diced
1. Heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat and, when hot, add the onion and red pepper. Cook for around 4 minutes until softened and then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
2. Stir in the spices and stir around the pan for 10-15 seconds before adding the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, stock and quinoa. Season well.
3. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes. The quinoa should be cooked but there should still be a bit of a glistening sauce over the mixture.
4. Serve with the diced avocado and coriander on top
- Calorie information does not include toppings
- You can substitute the kidney beans for black beans, or use half and half.
- This is particularly good served with some basmati rice, spooned over nachos or in a burrito or tacho – yum!
- Feel free to use whatever type of uncooked quinoa you like/have in.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: dinner, mexican, chilli, quinoa, vegetarian, vegan, healthy