A refreshing and natural raspberry cordial which is really easy to make and takes only 10 minutes of hands-on time. Can be mixed with either cold or hot water.
The default recipe makes around 10 x 200ml servings
- 300g (10oz )raspberries – frozen or fresh
- 150g (5oz) granulated white sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Leave the mixture to infuse for 1-2 hours before using a potato masher to mash everything together.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture against the sieve to get as much as the liquid out as possible.
- Pour into a sealed bottle or jar in the fridge. To serve mix 1 tbsp per 100ml (3.3oz) of water.
You can use lemon juice instead of lime juice. Use less or more to taste depending on how sweet you want the cordial
The cordial will keep for one week when sealed in the fridge
You can freeze the cordial – freezing in ice cube trays is a good way to extend the life of the cordial
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- Category: Drink
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1 (2 tbsp with 200ml water)
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 0.6g
Keywords: cordial, raspberry, soft drink, non-alcoholic, fruit, drink,