Delicious served hot or cold, roasted courgette is a light and healthy option for a side dish. They are mild enough to add a variety of flavours.
The default recipe serves 2 as a side dish.
- 200g / 7oz courgette/zucchini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, a pinch of each
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Slice the aubergines length ways, around 1/2cm (1/4in) thick.
- Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper and line the courgette pieces on it so they aren’t touching. Drizzle over half the olive oil and scatter the salt and pepper on. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- If you prefer to slice the courgette into thicker pieces rounds then the cooking time may need to be altered depending on the size of the pieces.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheating will cause them to soften more and potentially become a little mushy although it’s fine to do. You can also eat leftovers cold.
- Freezing is not advised unless you plan to make it into a sauce or soup at a later date.
- A pinch of chilli flakes is also a delicious accompaniment.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 45
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: courgette, side, healthy, vegetarian, vegan, vegetables, zucchini