This sage and onion stuffing is absolutely beautiful. Peppery sage and aromatic oregano combined with tender sausage meat. Perfect for a Sunday roast or a festive dinner.
The default recipe serves one (2 generous sized stuffing balls)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, peeled and diced
- 10g / 2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp plain flour
- 75g sausagemeat
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 5-6 minutes until softened. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix the onions with the remaining ingredients and mix everything together until fully combined.
- Roll the stuffing mixture into balls and then place in the oven for 45 minutes or until fully cooked and steaming hot all the way through.
- You can use dried sage instead of fresh sage if you can’t find any – use around half the amount.
- You can use dried thyme instead of oregano
- If you want to make this in advance then make sure to fully cool the onions before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Hob / Oven
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: stuffing, pork, sausage, sage, oregano, side dish, roast dinner, christmas