Creamy, delicious, healthy and so so easy to make! Perfect for lunch with some crusty bread.
Makes one portion
- 120g floury potatoes, such as maris piper – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 100g leek – white and light green parts, roughly sliced
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp sour cream
- fresh herbs to garnish
1. Place the potatoes, leek, stock and garlic into the slow cooker. If you are using dried thyme then add that in now.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. If you are using fresh thyme then add that around 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
3. Use an immersion/stick blender to whiz the soup into a smooth consistency. Stir in the sour cream and butter and mix well.
4. Serve with some freshly chopped herbs on top (parsley or chives work well), a drizzle of sour cream and some freshly milled black pepper.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: soup, leek, potato, lunch, british, slow cooker