There really are no two ways about it. This cake is completely sinful – but absolutely amazing. I myself am not the biggest dessert eater. When I do have dessert it really has to be chocolate (or caramel). In all honesty, when I do eat dessert, it’s usually ice cream. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondant Mug Cake is right up my alley – and is beautiful with ice cream. (Just try not to think about the extra calories).
I may be a little late on the mug cake bandwagon, but trust me, I’ve made up for that the last couple of weeks. Of course to find the best cake for this recipe I had to test a lot of different methods and mixes to land on this one. It’s been a tough job! This cake is definitely not the healthiest I tried, but it definitely packs the best flavour and texture. Just maybe only eat it as an occasional treat.
The peanut butter in this recipe is divine! It melts to a sticky sauce in the middle (hence the fondant). Be warned though – the butter gets really hot and I did burn my mouth on one of my test runs.
Do you have any successful mug cake recipes? I’d love to hear them if so!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondant Mug CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: CakeDifficulty: Easy
A sinfully indulgent dessert – this chocolate peanut butter fondant mug cake has a rich chocolate sponge with beautifully melted peanut butter waiting in the middle. A delicious treat!
4 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
5 tsp milk
5 tsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mug and combine.
- Add the milk and mix together to form a paste, Stir in the vegetable oil and combine everything together really well. Make sure you don’t have any flour stuck to the sides of the mug.
- Take the tbsp of peanut butter and push it into the middle of the batter so it’s sat as a lump under the surface.
- Microwave on full for 90 seconds. This may vary depending on your microwave – when it’s done it should be firm, but springy, to the touch.
- Calorie count doesn’t include ice cream
5 Thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondant Mug Cake”