Could cheesecake be one of the best inventions ever? I think so! Chocolate cheesecake? Even better! A super easy, no-bake, individual chocolate cheesecake? Perfection! This recipe is pure bliss – creamy rich fluffy chocolate on top of a bed of crumbled oreos. Yum!
I have promised myself that I will not go into detail on the chaos going on in the world right now on this blog. I want it to be a safe haven for people to find things to enjoy making. However, with the increasing importance for us all to find ways to treat ourselves and find the simple pleasures in life, this is a great recipe for a little self-indulgence.
Chocolate cheesecake for one
I have to say that since I don’t make desserts all too often when I do have cheesecake it’s usually supermarket bought by the slice. But I decided to try and come up with an easy and yummy cheesecake recipe I could make in individual portions from things I already had in the house. Plus it’s perfect for making in advance and freezing (instructions below).
How to make chocolate cheesecake
No bake chocolate cheesecake is really easy to make. You simply blend the biscuits and butter to make the base. Then beat together cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and cream. Finally stir in some melted chocolate, spoon on top of the base and leave to set in the fridge.
How long does this cheesecake last in the fridge?
In a airtight container this cheesecake will last up to 5 days in the fridge. If you are planning on topping with anything additional such as whipped cream then don’t add this until you are going to serve for maximum freshness (although I did test keeping some topped with very well whipped cream for 3 days in the fridge and it maintained it’s shape and form pretty well).
Can you freeze chocolate cheesecake?
One of the best things about making an individual chocolate cheesecake is that you can freeze it for up to 2 months. Since you’ve already made it in individual portion sizes then it’s super easy to do! I find the best way is to place the cheesecake (s) on a plate and place in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden. Then cover with cling film and return to the freezer.
You can also place the wrapped frozen cheesecakes in freezer safe containers to stop it getting knocked about.
Products that work great for this recipe
Adjustable Food Presentation Ring
A rich & creamy individual chocolate cheesecake on a crumbly Oreo base. Not only is it delicious but it’s incredibly easy to make with no baking involved!
- 5g butter, melted
- 2 Oreo cookies (10g)
- 15g caster sugar
- 20g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 30g cream cheese
1. In a blender, whiz the biscuits until crumbled. Melt the butter and stir into the crumbled biscuits.
2. Pack the biscuits into a food presentation ring. See note 2. Use something small with a flat surface to pat it down. I used the bottom of a shot glass 🙂
3. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl with the sugar and cocoa powder.
4. When well mixed, pour in the whipping cream and beat until you have a thick consistency.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in short bursts (or in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Mix into the cream cheese mixture until full combined.
6. Spoon into the food rings over the top of the Oreo biscuits and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to chill.
7. Serve – you can add whipped cream, a dusting of cocoa powder or some melted chocolate if you like! See note 3.
- A heads up that this is a rich recipe and a generous portion for one – you could reduce slightly if you want a smaller portion (or less calories)
- You can also use a cookie cutter or even a food tin with both ends removed. The one I used was 6cm across and 4cm tall
- The nutritional information doesn’t include any additional toppings.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: cheesecake, chocolate, dessert, individual, cream, indulgent