This simple keto prawn stir fry is incredibly delicious, healthy and easy to make. In fact it’s so tasty and satisfying that you won’t even realise that you are eating a low-carb meal! The recipe uses spiralised courgette instead of noodles – but if you aren’t watching your carbs you could easily use normal noodles instead.
While on lockdown I am conscious that I’m not moving so much and while I’ve started doing stair walking (I live on the 28th floor of a tall apartment building) I need to adjust my diet to match this lifestyle, albeit temporary. I’m not cutting carbs completely, but I am trying to reduce them. I’ll likely have a few more to share with you over the coming weeks!
Keto prawn stir fry dressing
This stir fry uses a really simple but completely delicious dressing of soy sauce and lime juice. It might not sound like much but when it combines with the chilli and coriander in the pan it’s tasty and fresh.
Can you reheat prawn stir fry?
I wouldn’t recommend reheating prawn stir fry if you can avoid it. Firstly prawns overcook very easily and the act of reheating them will most certainly make them tougher. Secondly the courgette noodles will be a lot soggier. The dish takes literally about 7-8 minutes to cook so if you want to eat a couple of nights in a row then prep everything and cook it from scratch both times.
If you do have leftovers though and you do want to reheat then it certainly won’t do any harm – and it will still taste great – there will just be some loss of texture. The best way to reheat is on the hob over a medium high heat until warmed through. You could use the microwave – but it will smell quite strong – you have been warned!
If you are a fan of stir fry, Asian inspired dishes then also check out this fakeaway chicken chow mein (which can also be made with courgette noodles to reduce carbs).
Products that work well for this recipe
Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer
Food Hugger Set
T-fal Nonstick Pan
Keto Prawn Stir Fry
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
A delicious, simple and easy keto prawn stir fry. Juicy prawns flavoured with fresh lime, garlic, chilli and coriander on a bed of low-carb courgette noodles.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red chillis, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 150g Prawns
- 1/2 red pepper (around 100 g)
- 1/2 medium head of broccoli – cut into small flourets (around 100 g)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1/2 medium courgette – spiralized (around 200 g)
- 1 spring onion, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the chilli and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds. If you are using raw prawns then add them to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until starting to turn pink.
2. Add the broccoli and peppers and stir fry for 3 minutes – tossing the pan often.
3. If you are using cooked prawns then add them now. Cook everything for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce and squeeze in the lime juice and season well. Cook everything for a further minute before adding the courgette, coriander and spring onion. Stir everything through the pan and remove from the heat and serve.
- You can use either raw or cooked prawns for this. Directions for both ways are in the steps. I usually prefer raw, but due to COVID related food supply issues I could only find cooked (and it was still totally yum)
- If you like a lot of spice then increase the amount of chilli to taste
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Keto / Seafood
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: prawn, keto, low carb, healthy, shrimp, stir fry, dinner, courgette, courgette noodles, seafood
2 Thoughts on “Keto Prawn Stir Fry”
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe I really love eating prawns and even my kids love them a lot. I always try making different prawns recipe for them thank you so much for sharing this recipe.